The original six
members of the steering group which organised the first meeting in Rome in
April 1968 were:
- Aurelio Peccei – International economist and businessman,
Vice Chairman of the Board of Olivetti; Member of the Managing Board of FIAT;
Managing Director of Italconsult.
- Alexander King – Director-General of Scientific Affairs of OECD.
- Max Kohnstamm – A German Professor.
- Erich Jantsch – Author of "Technological Forecasting" and "Technological
Planning and Social Futures".
- Jean Saint-Geours – Ministry of Finance, Paris.
- Hugo Thiemann – Director of the Batelle Institute Geneva.
Canadian Members of the Club of Rome
(past and present, in alphabetical order, with their affiliations
at the time of invitation to membership)
- Dr. Pierre R. Gendron# –
Pres., Pulp & Paper Research Institute
- Mr. Ran Ide* –
Canadian Broadcasting Corporation (CBC).
- Pierre Juneau** –
- Mr. Derrick de Kerckhove* –
University of Toronto.
- Ranjit Kumar* –
President, Foundn for Internatl Training.
- Senator Maurice Lamontagne# –
Senate of Canada.
- Ms. Elisabeth Mann Borgese* –
- Mr. Roy Megarry –
Publisher, "Globe & Mail".
- Rt. Hon. Roland Michener# –
Former Governor-Gen. of Canada.
- Mr. Ronald S. Ritchie** –
President, Investment Dealers' Assoc.
- Ms. Roseann Runte* –
President, Victoria University, Toronto.
- Mr. Cameron Smith** –
President, Ideality Inc., Toronto.
- Mr. W.R. Stadelman** –
President, Ontario Research Foundation.
- Mr. Maurice Strong* –
- Dr. Robert J. Uffen# –
Director, Science Secretariat, PCO.
- Dr. J. Rennie Whitehead** –
Principal Science Advisor, PCO.
* current Member (1995 List)
** current Associate Member (1995 List)